BLUESFEST FACILITIES AND SERVICES FOR PATRONS WITH A DISABILITY
Bluesfest welcomes patrons with a disability and aims to improve the site and the Bluesfest experience each year. The event is held on the Tyagarah Tea Tree Farm where the terrain is flat grass and gravel. Please be aware that during busy periods and when it rains, pathways can become tricky to negotiate for people who use wheelchairs or other mobility aids. If you are bringing a wheelchair for the event make sure you have a wheelchair with large wheels.
Please read the following information carefully. If your questions have not been answered our contact details can be found at the end of this document.
- Bluesfest offers parking services for all of our day visitors including people with a disability. All parking is on grass with a gravel approach.
- Our designated parking areas for patrons with a disability who display a Disability Parking Permit are located close to both North and South Festival entries– just follow the Disability Parking signs once you enter the festival or ask one of our friendly car park assistants.
- Cars with Disabled Driver stickers also require a parking ticket. Our pre-paid ticket system allows you to easily purchase a ticket for each day for only $25. Purchasing online is cheaper than purchasing on the day so book early to receive a discounted ticket. Parking tickets purchased on the day will be $50, with Tap & Go or Cash payment options.
- If you are arriving by bus, the bus drop off is at the festival’s south gate.
- Bluesfest provides a designated camping area for people with a disability situated close to the North Festival Entrance.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide power to any of the camping areas.
- Accessible toilet and shower facilities are provided in this camping area. We respectfully ask carers and friends camping with patrons with a disability not to use the accessible toilet and shower cubicles for themselves.
- Camping spots for patrons with a disability are limited and must be pre-booked. Please call our office on 02 6639 9800 to book your camping site.
- Limited space requires that you bring no more than 4 campers in your group. If you wish to camp in a larger group you need to stay in the general camping area.
- Accessible toilets are strategically located around the festival site. You can find them close to all patron toilet locations. We strive to keep these areas clean and sanitary to the best of our ability.
- Bluesfest honours the Companion Card system. If you come with a carer and have a Companion Card, your carer will receive a complimentary entry and camping (if applicable) ticket for the same days as your purchased ticket.
- Please note there is a limit of one carer complimentary ticket given each day. If you are attending the festival for multiple days and are using the same carer on all the days a multiple day wristband will be issued to your carer.
- To receive your carer’s ticket please go to the ticket office on arrival to the festival with your Companion Card and your carer.
- Viewing platforms are for the sole use of our patrons with a disability. We have these facilities in place so that we can provide a more equitable experience for patrons with a disability and their carer.
- Viewing platforms are located at the Mojo and Crossroads stages.
- Due to high demand Bluesfest cannot cater for patrons with a temporary impairment/injury.
- Viewing platforms are specifically designed to provide viewing for those who use wheelchairs, if you are denied access please do not be offended.
- A number of chairs are provided on the platforms for you and one carer. So please do not bring your own.
- Carers are welcome to use the seating available. Please be aware that if a patron with a disability requires a space then your carer may be asked to surrender their seat.
- Please be aware that viewing platforms operate on a first come, first served basis and we cannot guarantee access to platforms at extremely busy periods.
- Every platform has a steward ready to assist people where needed.
- The access ramps are in accordance with disability regulation standards.
We happily permit the use of Assistance Dogs within the festival and camping areas. If you are camping with your Assistance Dog, please respect other patrons by cleaning up after your dog.
Fixed seating is provided at the back of the Crossroads and Mojo Tents for those who cannot stand for long periods of time. This seating cannot be reserved and is for general public use.
Patrons are advised that flicker, laser, strobe and other lighting effects may be in use at the festival site.
First Aid is available during festival operating hours and is located next to the CD Tent. Our onsite medics are equipped to provide first aid, minor injury care and resuscitation. There will be an emergency contact number on your festival wristband. Please do not call 000.
FESTIVAL SITE DISTANCES
- The festival is spread over 120 hectares of the Tyagarah Tea Tree Farm. There are gravel and dirt paths throughout the site.
- The weather can have a massive effect on how easy it is for mobility around the site, please take this into consideration when deciding on what equipment to bring with you.
- The following information gives an idea of how far it is to various stages and areas.
Please note all distances are approximate and areas are subject to change.
Distances From the Disability Campsite to:
Mojo Tent viewing platform: 320m
Crossroads Tent viewing platform: 450m
North Gate Entry/Disabled Car Park: 100m
South Gate Entry/Disabled Car Park/ Shuttle Bus Drop Off: 600m
Distances From the South Gate Entry/ Disabled Car Park/ Shuttle Bus Drop Off to:
Festival entrance (south): 160m
Mojo Tent viewing platform: 600m
Crossroads Tent Viewing Platform: 450m
Distances From the North Gate Entry/ Disabled Car Park to:
Festival entrance (north): 80m
Mojo Tent viewing platform: 430m
Crossroads Tent viewing platform: 570m
We are happy to assist people with disabilities in planning for an enjoyable and safe Bluesfest experience. If you need further information about disability services and facilities at Bluesfest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org